My friend Dea has been telling me about her tendency to indulge in a Golden Latte for months, it’s one of her sweet but not so naughty treats that helps her keep inflammation at bay.
Yesterday we met for lunch at This Cafe in Gungahlin, chosen because their Golden Lattes were supposedly the best in town….Dea would know, shes taken it upon herself to taste test a few! So yesterday I lost my Golden Latte virginity and despite being an absolute coffee junkie I will definitely be going back for more.
Dea makes her own Turmeric Tea ahead of time. The Turmeric Tea is the base for the making of a great Golden Latte, simply place a shot in your latte cup and top with freshly steamed milk.
- 4 cms fresh ginger
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- Peel and roughly chop the ginger and half and scrape the vanilla bean.
- Place all ingredients in tea pot.
- Cover with just boiled water and allow to steep for 20 minutes.
- Strain, reserving cinnamon pod for future batches.
- Pour into airtight bottle and store in the refrigerator until needed.
- To make your Golden Latte > add around 30mls of Turmeric Tea to a latte cup and top up with freshly steamed milk (almond is the best!).
- Use honey, rice or maple syrup in the brew process to make a sweeter tea.